The information on this page is directed to travel organizers and persons with a licence to guide in the City Hall.
Opening hours and information
Contact us in advance
All local guides bringing a group to City Hall must notify us in advance. Please call us to do so.
Telephone: +46 (0)8 508 29 058
The maximum group size for all groups visiting the City Hall is 35 people. For groups with 36–50 visitors, it might be possible to visit our largest halls; the Blue Hall and the Golden Hall. This is only possible in agreement with the City Hall, so if you want to know if it is possible to visit the Blue Hall and the Golden Hall with a group consisting of more than 35 visitors, you need contact us.
At present, all ticket sales take place in the City Hall Shop. As a local guide coming in with a group to visit the City Hall, please ask the group to go up the ramp in the court yard. They can wait above the stairs while you yourself go into the shop and pay (by card, cash or via voucher) and get the tickets. Once you have the tickets, City Hall staff will quickly go to the entrance by the stairs to meet you and the group and let you in.
Opening hours and exceptions
Telephone: 08-508 290 58
From June 7–August 21, thee opening hours are 8.30–16.00 for tours, unless stated otherwise. Please check the list of limitations and different opening hours below. The list is preliminary. The opening hours are subject to changes and might do so even at short notice, so always contact us before your visit for up-to-date information and to notify us of your group.
The closing time corresponds to the last possible time to enter with an external guide. The groups can then be in the City Hall for an additional 30 minutes after the closing time.
List of dates with early closing hours
- On Thursday June 16tth, the City Hall will close early for tours, at 13.00.
- On Friday, June 17th, the Gallery of The Prince will close at 13.00.
- On Saturday, June 18th, the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
- On Tuesday June 21th, the City Hall will close early for tours, at 15.00.
- On Thursday June 22nd, the City Hall will close early for tours, at 12.00.
- On Tuesday June 23, the City Hall will close early for tours, at 15.00.
- On Saturday, July 2nd, the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
- On Friday, June 15th, the City Hall will close early for tours, at 11.00.
- On Saturday, July 16th, the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
- On Sunday, July 17th, the City Hall will close early for tours, at 15.00.
- On Saturday, July 23rd, the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
- On Saturday, July 30th the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
- On Saturday, August 6th, the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
- On Saturday, August 13th, the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
- On Sunday, August 14th, the City Hall will close early for tours, at 15.00.
- On Saturday, August 20th, the Gallery of The Prince is closed.
The following information is also important to know before your visit:
- On Saturdays, one of the rooms (The Gallery of the Prince) is closed. This is due to the civil wedding ceremonies held in the City Hall.
- Due to events and other activities in City Hall, there might be ongoing preparations and limited accessibility in the building. Changes in opening hours and limitations of the tour might occur at short notice, so always contact us before your visit to notify us of your group. Then we will also provide you with the latest up-to-date information.
- It’s possible the group will have to wait to enter, and all local guides bringing a group to the City Hall must notify us in advance.
Travel and tour operators
If you represent a travel or tour operator and have a group who wish to visit City Hall, there are two different options. As City Hall is a political office building, groups must enter with a guided tour. Either you can schedule a tour with an in-house City Hall guide or you can choose a local guide who has permission to guide in the City Hall.
A visit by City Hall guide
In order to arrange for a tour with an official City Hall guide, you will need to send us a request by e-mail.
Telephone: +46 (0)8 508 29 058
A visit by a local guide licensed to guide in City Hall
When you arrange for a local guide, make sure that the guide in question has a special permit to serve as a guide in City Hall. Note that if you arrange for a local guide, you should not at the same time schedule for a tour with an official City Hall guide. If you do a double booking, we will charge you a no-show fee. However, at the moment all local guides bringing a group to City Hall must notify us in advance. Please contact us via e-mail.
Admission and payment
We charge different prices depending on whether a group visits City Hall with a local guide or arranges for one of our in-house guides. One tour leader per group enters for free.
You can pay your tickets for the private tour in our ticket office, preferably by credit card even though we also accept cash in SEK. The payment must be made by one person for the whole group, not individually. It is not possible to pay in advance via bank transfer or credit card.
You may also pay with vouchers, provided that we have previously accepted the type of voucher in question. In order for us to approve a voucher, read our terms and conditions and send us a sample of the voucher before your visit. Please note that we do not print vouchers on-site at City Hall. The guide or tour leader must present the actual paper voucher.
Personal data is processed in connection with the tours of the City Hall.